19 March 2016

iLaddie "don't panic", blended single malt

I have created my own bottling of a single malt blend of three single malts from the springbank distillery! I got the idea from Ralfy after I was had seen two of his vlog's. I thank Ralfy for the inspiration it have me to try something new.

The blend is made of:
- springbank 10 yo
- longrow, peated
- hazelburn 12 yo

I'm calling it "don't panic", blended by iLaddie (me)



I have let it combine for some time and tonight I poured myself a dram and tasted it! 

It is wonderful! It seriously is. The nose has peat, vanilla, salt, raisin, floral notes, oak. Weird stuff! But good stuff! The whole tongue is activated from front to the side to the back! Even the back of the throat! So the arrival is pretty good! The taste is a combination of all kinds of notes that I seriously could not list if I tried! The finish is quite long as well. This stuff is excellent! 

Reproducing it will be sorta possible since I made photos of off the amount left in the bottles before I blended them together. 


One thing is for sure, I'm doing this kind of blending again! 

You can do this yourself since springbank  sells these cute 20 cl bottles in a gift set! Come to think of it!! Lots of distillers sell 20 cl three bottle sets that could be blended together in equal or any proportion if you wanted to! And for a price that won't bankrupt you! Enjoy! 


I finished my last glass of this dram on the 27th of April 2016. It tasted more integrated since last time I had a glass. The tongue was still covered with taste so it hasn't lost any potency! 


No comments:

Post a Comment